The “Queen City” has always been a popular city for Travel Nurses. Check out our list of “must see” attractions while you’re on assignment in Charlotte.
You just can’t beat the southern charm of Charlotte, one of North Carolina’s most treasured cities. Charlotte is a top choice for travel nurses who are looking for big city amenities with hometown hospitality. And, Go Healthcare Staffing is literally “at home” in Charlotte – we are headquartered here since 2015.
Here is our definitive guide to things you have to check out while you are on a travel contract in Charlotte:
- NASCAR Hall of Fame– Start your engine and head on over to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. You don’t have to be a die-hard race fan to feel the adrenaline as you explore the exhibits, cars, and most memorable moments since NASCAR was founded in 1948. Visitors enjoy interactive experiences, simulated racing, and stories from legends of the track.
- Rosie’s Coffee & Wine Garden– Roses, rosé and a shot of espresso await you in this tranquil garden. Visit this quaint café for a wonderful selection of wine, coffee, even teas and kombucha. The perfect end to a hectic day you can escape reality in a lush garden with colorful blooms at every turn. This instagram-able spot is the perfect place for that next #travelnursing post.
- Charlotte Symphony– Charlotte boasts one of the premier music organizations in the Southeastern United States and connects with more than 100,000 music lovers every year. The Charlotte Symphony Orchestra (CSO) presents a robust schedule that includes community parks, breweries, places of worship, and senior care centers. With 62 professional, full-time time musicians you can count on an unforgettable experience.
- Carowinds– Thrill seekers of all levels will enjoy this 407-acre amusement park that never disappoints. Fury 325 was voted top steel coaster in the world and it’s just the beginning of the fun at Carowinds. Enjoy 57 thrill rides, family rides and roller coasters, for an endless adventure. And there’s more! Carolina Harbor, boasts 27 acres as largest water park in the Carolinas, and is included with admission. It features extreme water slides, wave pools, cabanas and a two-acre children’s area!
- Charlotte Museum of History– Get up close and personal with the history of Charlotte. This museum covers all periods of Charlotte’s history with exhibits covering everything from the history of music in the city to the experiences of soldiers from Charlotte during WW1. The programs and exhibits explore important civic themes and how their meaning has evolved over time, including the ideals of liberty, freedom, equity, justice, democracy, and citizenship. It sits on an impressive eight-acre wooded campus and includes the oldest surviving house in Mecklenburg County, the Rock House built circa 1774. Take a trip back in time when you visit this legendary museum.
- Whitewater Center– Your unforgettable outdoor adventure awaits at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Designed and operated as an outdoor center offering over 30 different recreational activities and expert instruction, you’ll explore over 1,300 acres of protected land that offers 50 miles of trail and access to the Catawba River and Long Creek. Choose from several whitewater rafting options, sail on the zip line, kayak, mountain bike, or try a few daredevil jumps—you might need a few visits to really experience this amazing center.
- Toska European Spa– Wildly popular esthetician to the stars Toska Husted operates a 3,500 square-foot multi-level spa in the SouthPark area of Charlotte. The luxurious space is decorated in rich hues of white with gold accents and features multiple private treatment rooms as well as a six chair open Facial Bar, where clients can drop in for quick 30-minute facial. Perfect for an on-the-go busy lifestyle or a relaxing way to fill a short gap in your day. Treat yourself to one of six treatments the Facial Bar offers combining purifying, calming, brightening, lifting and hydrating treatments.
- Levine Museum of the New South– The Levine Museum sets out to “build a stronger, more equitable community by connecting people to Charlotte and to each other through history, culture, and celebration.” The exhibits and programs are designed to foster empathy, ignite dialogue, and inspire positive action. Despite the goals being a bit radical thirty years ago, the museum was founded as a place that would use its platform to confront some of the most difficult issues facing society in a historical context that hopefully deepens understanding and paves a path for a better future.
- South Park Mall– A stay in any city is never complete without some great shopping. Take a trip to the South Park Mall to browse 150 stores including Porsche Design, Apple, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Lilly Pulitzer, Neiman Marcus, and Tiffany & Co. This popular destination includes many of your favorite brands including 22 dining options.
- Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre– This beautiful outdoor setting offers soaring views of the Charlotte skyline, elevated lawn seating, traditional outdoor seating, premium box seats and an indoor VIP area. The concession area has a Bourbon Street feel that’s sure to make every event feel like a party. Enjoy a full calendar of shows and concerts in this trendy outdoor venue.
We hope this list has piqued your interest in a travel nursing job in Charlotte. We are proud to say we are “local experts” when it comes to travel nursing jobs in this great city. We currently work with all of Charlotte’s hospital systems and it would be our pleasure to help you find your way around Charlotte.
For the most updated list of available travel nursing jobs in Charlotte or across the country, check out our job board.
Craig plays a dual role: not only does he act as the “Coach” to our recruitment team, he is also our “Top Recruiter”. He always has his fingers on the pulse of the industry and his knowledge base has been built over the past 15 years of being in healthcare staffing.