Winter is Coming! It’s time to go somewhere warmer. Arizona beckons as a warm weather destination for travel nurses. Go Healthcare is actively recruiting travel nurses in several specialties for 13 to 26 week travel contracts starting in September and early October 2019. If snow shoveling and wearing winter boots aren’t appealing, consider packing your hiking boots and sandals (you’ll need both) and join us in Arizona this winter! We’ve gather a sample of travel nursing jobs available for you right now:
Chandler is a city located 23 miles southeast of Phoenix. As a suburb, Chandler is in close proximity to all the cultural, recreational, and sports attractions of its surrounding neighbors, yet holds on to a couple distinctions: it is the home to the Ostrich Festival every spring, and it has been named “Playful City USA” for the last eleven years. For travel nurses looking for a winter travel contract in Arizona, Chandler is a perfect place to stay and play. A traveler favorite, 338-bed, Level 1 trauma hospital has several travel nursing jobs available for 13 to 26 weeks. With several travel contracts open for the winter season, local Arizona nurses are also eligible for the following travel contracts:
- Tele Travel Nurses for Med/Surg Tele Float Pool | Shift: 12 Days | Must be able to titrate cardiac drips | 13 or 26 week contracts available | Apply here
- Tele Travel Nurses for Med/Surg Tele Float Pool | Shift: 12 Nights | Must be able to titrate cardiac drips | 13 or 26 week contracts available | Apply here
Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, is located in the southeastern part of the state. It is a sprawling metropolitan city that boasts great weather almost all year round, a thriving job market, and a relatively low cost of living. As America’s 5th largest city, Phoenix offers travel nurses a taste of cosmopolitan living with the breathtaking backdrop of the desert scenery. A traveler friendly, 512 bed, Level 1 trauma hospital in Phoenix has the following travel nursing jobs available for 13 to 26 week travel. Local nurses living in the Phoenix area are also eligible to apply for the following travel contracts:
- CVICU Travel Nurses | Shift: 12Days | Level 1 trauma facility exp and IV skills required | Apply here
- ICU Travel Nurses for Critical Care Float | Shift: 12N | previous level 1 trauma exp required | Start date: 10/7 | Apply here
- OR Travel Nurses | Shift 12D | Must have neuro experience | Start date: 10/7 | Apply here
Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
Located in Western Arizona, Lake Havasu City is known for being the home of the actual “London Bridge”. The bridge was purchased when London put it up for auction in 1968. A popular vacation destination, Lake Havasu is a perfect contract for travel nurses who prefer recreational activities and a more relaxed pace. A 163-bed short term acute care hospital, located in Lake Havasu has the following travel nursing jobs available: Stepdown Travel Nurses for a 26 week contract | Preferred start date: 9/30 | Apply here
Ganado is a chapter of the Navajo Nation and a census designated place, or CDP, in Apache County, Arizona. Gallup, New Mexico, is 58 miles (an hour’s drive) to the East and 285 miles (4 ½ hours) from Phoenix to the West. A traveler who craves less restriction, wide open spaces and who can work independently is ideal for Ganado, Arizona. A 25 bed critical access hospital has the following travel nursing jobs available:
- ER Travel Nurses for 12 Day Shift 7A-7P| Start Date: 9/30 | Apply here
- ER Travel Nurses for 12 Nights 7P-7A | Start Date: 9/30 | Apply here
Head ninety miles to the North of Phoenix, and you will find Prescott, Arizona. Located in the Bradshaw Mountains of Central AZ, Prescott is unique in that it is situated 5,300 feet above the desert. It is dubbed, “everybody’s hometown” and was the original capital of Arizona before Phoenix. The Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe Reservation is adjacent to and partially within the border of the town. For RN travelers who enjoy a laid-back mountain town with temperate winter weather, Prescott is a great option. A 134 bed, acute care facility in Prescott has the following winter travel nursing jobs available:
- Pediatric Travel Nurses for a 10 bed pediatric unit. Ages neonate to 17 years old. | Start Date: 1/14/2020 | Apply here
- ICU Travel Nurses with strong cardiac experience | Float is required | Start Date: 10/14/2019 | Apply here
- OR Travel Nurses to circulate neuro, gynco, ortho, general cases | Shift: 11A-7:30 plus call | Apply here
Fort Defiance, Arizona
In the Dine language, “Fort Defiance” is Tsehootsooi which means “green place among the rocks”. The city is close to the border of Arizona and New Mexico. Gallup, New Mexico, is roughly 25-30 miles away. Travel nurses who wants to experience the Native American culture will appreciate a 13 week travel contract here. A travel contract in Fort Defiance means getting away from the hustle and bustle of a big city. A 56-bed acute care hospital has the following travel nursing jobs available for September and October starts:
- Postpartum Travel Nurses for an outpatient setting, Traveler must have OB/GYN experience | Apply here
- Med/Surg Travel Nurses with recent peds experience | Apply here
- OR Travel Nurses to circulate all cases | Apply here
Every year, the Grand Canyon state is ranked as one of the top destination for travel nurses. Some travelers look to Arizona for “somewhere warmer” to go during winter. But Arizona is popular as a travel contract destination any time of the year because of the ease of obtaining a license (it’s a walk through), the availability of travel contracts and the traveler friendly hospitals. Furthermore, nurses with a compact state license can be assured that they can start a travel contract almost immediately as they can practice in Arizona with their current nursing license. Many travel nurses come year after year to the same hospital for their winter contracts. The hospitals are always ready to the familiar faces of returned travelers and new travelers equally.
How are you spending your winter? Are you ready to experience the enchanting desert landscape? Perhaps hike, bike or climb some of the most beautiful terrain in the country? Or simply get out of your comfort zone? For all the different reasons you choose to travel, let’s talk or text 844-966-8773 to discuss travel contracts in Arizona. C’mon, let’s GO!