Go Healthcare Staffing has several openings in the beautiful state of Virginia.
With competitive pay, gorgeous surroundings, and so much to experience, it might just be your next perfect place to call home. Browse our openings here.
Turkey day just around the corner…did you know, that Virginia is actually the home of the first Thanksgiving? The first Thanksgiving has always been credited to the pilgrims at Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts. But the first recorded Thanksgiving actually occurred three years earlier 600 miles south in Virginia on September 16, 1619. You might be more familiar with these fun facts:
- Jamestown, the first of the original 13 Colonies was founded for the purpose of silk cultivation.
- Eight United States Presidents were born in Virginia.
- Yorktown is the site of the final victory of the American Revolution.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Virginia Beach is the longest pleasure beach in the world at 35 miles.
- In 2009, “Virginia is for Lovers” was inducted into the Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame.
Read on as we uncover some great reasons to fall in love with Virginia during your next assignment.
- “Virginia is For Lovers” was created more than 50 years ago, and it’s become one of the most beloved and iconic slogans in the world. In fact, there are more than 300 LOVEworks (art pieces) around the state. Find one now.
- Kings Dominion—Did somebody say adventure park? Plan your visit to this 400-acre theme and water park that is home to more than 60 rides and attractions, including 12 world-class roller coasters known to international coaster enthusiasts across the globe. All entries include access to Soak City—a 20-acre paradise of aquatic fun. Learn more here.
- Busch Gardens® Williamsburg—Don’t miss this action-packed European-themed park with 17th-century charm and 21st-century technology. More than 100 sprawling acres of family fun including 50+ rides and attractions, shows and delicious culinary experiences. Check out the “World’s Most Beautiful Amusement Park”.
- An American Icon—Are you a history buff? You’re just a stone’s throw from our country’s heritage. Here are 15 must-see historic sites in Virginia.
- All the Presidents’ Heads—Explore this intriguing story about 42 busts—each weighing 22,000 pounds—that were displaced when Presidents Park was sold and closed. Now tucked away on a private farm it’s unfortunate that you can’t visit in person. But you don’t want to miss this short documentary.
- The Grand Kugel—This 29-ton granite ball spins around at the slightest touch thanks to a scientific phenomenon. A number of these floating stone spheres can be found around the globe; however, the Grand Kugel is the largest of its kind in the world. Learn more here.
- Camera Heritage Museum—Visitors can develop a new love for photography and browse more than 6,000 different cameras. More here.
- Virginia Beach—Soak in the sun and natural beauty that is surrounded by a flourishing local culinary scene, rich history, a variety of arts and entertainment and family-friendly attractions. Find out more.
We’d love for you to consider Virginia for your next assignment.
Give us a call today at (844) 916-8773 and our seasoned team will help you find the best placement and location for your next stop as a traveler. Pack your bags, and find the love in Virginia! Apply now to find your dream assignment.
As our Director of Client Services, Joey thrives on tackling everyday challenges and building strong client relationships. He finds fulfillment in assisting facilities with staffing needs and, most importantly, making a difference in patient care.